500k line of credit in 24h.. loan scam 949-200-3125

Scammer number:949-200-3125
Any other scammer information:

1 Like

Did you phone them back? Iā€™m not technically familiar with this type of scam yet but Iā€™ll give it a ring after doing a quick dive into typical scripts.

I just spoke with Jeremy for an entire hour. I do not feel like this is a scam. Company is Regal Lending . Guy sounds straight Californian and answered every question I had with knowledge and patience. If this is a scamā€¦ Iā€™m terrified. Bc Woah I threw everything at him and no turmoil or pressuring at all. Of course I gave him false info ā€¦ but In a few days after I talk to my accountant friend thatā€™s a lender I will probably phone them back for real :laughing::laughing:.

Wanting to know what you all think. Iā€™ll attach the pamphlet he sent my dummy account after our phone convo. Iā€™m genuinely curious now.

https://regalcapgroup.com/

This is the website but I havenā€™t figure out how to share the pamphlet without taking a picture of each page. Itā€™s very professional and not misspelled though. Def want to know others opinions, but I do not believe this is a scam company

Phone number search

1 Like

Looks a bit dodgy to me.
They say theyā€™ve been around since 2002. Domain name only registered for 1yr and due to expire soon ?
Rated 9/10 on Trustpilot ? (No results found)

2 Likes

RIGHT. But they are very convincingā€¦ if their not in Californiaā€¦ idk. Weird.

1 Like

And he told me that heā€™s only available m-f normal business hours haha. Did you get to speak with anyone? What was your impression?

I donā€™t have a US number yet so i canā€™t call them.

Found this, looks like they are scammers.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to phone him again shortly. Any advice on questions I can ask or scenarios I can play out? Iā€™m supposed to send him my companies ā€œvibrate higherā€ bank statements from March to August to qualify. Obviously, this company doesnā€™t actually exist but i would like to gather some more information.

Again, this guy is intelligent, definitely has a ā€œcaliā€ accent, was knowledgeable on local attractions cities and distances in cali (I lived there once so I could validate), says heā€™s been working with them for four years, says he moved from health insurance bc he ā€œfeltā€ as if it was a big scam to the customers, is not pushy and is or appears to be empathetic.

Looks like thereā€™s a legit company and a scam one. (2 different domains)

Check out the phone number on the site below.

http://regalcapitalgroup.com/

1 Like

Itā€™s definitely not the same number. He claims the person who left OPs voicemail is in marketing department and that heā€™s in a satellite office located in CA. Iā€™m going to have to further fall into the :rabbit2::hole:

1 Like

I think the Regal Cap Group is the scam one.

On their website they say they have a Trustpilot score of 9.8 out of 10 ???
Trustpilot reviews are from 1-5 stars and theirs is supposedly 4.8, not 9.8 like they say on their website. Lol
The 1yr domain name registration makes me think its a fake/phishing/scam website.

(Checkout the names on the positive reviews versus the negative oneā€™s)

2 Likes

First of like 13 page pamphlet he emailed me. The file is too big for me to attach it thoughšŸ˜¤

I tried looking on the Regal Capital Group website for that pamphlet but couldnā€™t find anything.
(Maybe upload it to Google drive and post a link)

The 2 similar domains, and the reports of people being scammed has really got me curious, so i decided to send them an email. Lol
Be interesting to see what sort of reply i get, if any.

3 Likes

Not too sure what to make of this reply to my email. (I wasnā€™t expecting a reply until at least Monday)

It appears thereā€™s some sort of scam going on using this businesses name.
Just like the ā€œLund pe charo benchodsā€ that pretend to be Amazon, PayPal, Microsoft, etcā€¦

1 Like

the links at the bottom of the ā€œCapā€ groupā€™s page donā€™t lead anywhere

the fact that the ā€œCapā€ group has a plus in their phone number is usually proof that theyā€™re not actually based in the US if they donā€™t claim to be international. after all, if a company only operates within the US, why would they bother to use the symbol for ā€œinternational exit codeā€?

worth noting is that actual toll-free numbers may not necessarily work with international calls, and if they do, they wonā€™t be free.

1 Like

I am not in the USA but I have a USA number and just had Peter Griffin leave a message with them .

1 Like

If i had to bet on it, the Cap mob are the oneā€™s Iā€™d pick as the scam.
The shorter domain name, and just the one year registration is the norm for these scum.

As for US numbers i need to familiarize myself better with them. Iā€™m downunderā€¦

2 Likes

Me neither but once Iā€™m able to go buy a Google play card to pay for a US number i will give them a call.

Not sure i will have much luck if their US based scammers.
I think my Aussie accent would make them suss. Whereas with the Benchods, their too focused on getting $$$ to realize whatā€™s what.

2 Likes

Loving how this story is developing :male_detective:
Iā€™ll work on downloading the file and hold off before I call him back.

Most recent interaction.

1 Like