AnyDesk Bans Scammers!

The team at AnyDesk is taking the scammer issue seriously, at least when Kitboga is on. Have you reached out and seen if they will shut down the ones you find as well?

We should reach out to the other companies to see if they are willing to do the same.

1 Like

Ig this is the new trend among the mainstream baiters… I don’t see the point in this as it just makes it harder for baiters as it only takes literally one second for scammers to switch remote access software as they usually have multiple different ones installed on their systems.

3 Likes

EXACTLY!! And then the fuckers will migrate to using a connectwise connection.

3 Likes

Yeah, just makes it harder on the individual scambaiter tbh as most don’t have teams to do the baiting and the money to have contacts in India to get into call centers…

2 Likes

But these mopes didn’t switch over. They couldn’t seem to grasp that they were done on Anydesk.
II’d like to hear them yelling that their computers had burst into flames because they retried Anydesk, but until then . . .

Getting them banned from AnyDesk takes one tool out of their hands. Sure, they have others, but this is a step in the right direction. Anything that makes their scam harder is a good thing; and if we can get other companies on board, it would be very hard to run these tech support scams. There are plenty of other types of scammers out there, so there will always be work for baiters to do.

2 Likes

Anydesk is the only team that’s reached out to me and told me they support the movement but will only help with banning IPs and IDs.

Sadly scammers losing their remote software will go to other ways to scam, while this is good to boost the rep of the companies providing remote access software, it just changes the ways of the scammers, The best things to help close these scam centres in proper enforcement of the local and international authorities. AnyDesk and TeamViewer etc are aiding in giving correct ip and mac addresses, giving better evidence. There just needs to be a less corrupt force policing these centres.

1 Like

It took them long enough, even after I complained to them, and they did nowt that also includes TeamViewer as well. It’s about time the remote access software companies started to get their act together to ban these scammers, but sadly all they’ll do is find another remote access software who is willing to have them on their platform unless enough people start screaming and shouting at the remote access software companies.

Blocking anydesk won’t work scammers are using virtual machines more and more every virtual will get a new anydesk Id.

I have never seen a scammer use a virtual machine, where are you getting this info?

1 Like

I’m not a scam baiter so I don’t have any sources if this is true. But with scam baiters getting them, the question is will they go down that route? I personally hope not, knocking a pc out of action at least holds them back a few hours to reinstall and get programs back.

Its great that AnyDex is taking an active effort and reporting MAC & IP addresses & locations. As stated above how many tools are out there for them to use that don’t care. I’m surprised on a PC that they don’t they use Quick Assist.

I wouldn’t believe anything that kboga purports. His org is all bells and whistles, just another self-serving performance artist, how many times do we need to hear about his poor granny? He has a staff that choreographs his mostly edited videos, all talk, little disruption to any scam centers, and never provides the receipts. Entertaining as a chat baiter and his writers create some fun stuff.

1 Like

Any progress to take away scammers’ tools is a move in the right direction. The idea that they will just use another method and make it harder for scam baiters is a weak point. The truth is that all the actual scam baiters added up truly do little to make a dent in the indian government-approved scamming industry.

indian government doesn’t give a shit and neither do its citizens. Or they would have done something about it. So, until they do, the scams will get more sophisticated and more effective. Not all these indian scammers are idiots like the ones portrayed on scambaiting sites. Some are very smart and effective.

Any of these legit remote software apps, can easily take away unattended access and the other tools that allow scammers to have unfettered control of a victim’s computer from the free version. I think they are civilly culpable and should be sued.

Not to burst any more bubbles, but most “scam baiters” are just talkers looking for a scammer stupid enough to believe their schict, while the smart scammers just hang up.

Chat baiters find the worst of the worst scammers, keep them offline, and perform the same old show while begging for likes, comments, and subscribers. i.e., social media whores.

To a certain extent, Scammer Revolts, with the exception that you accomplish things by getting scammer info, and save a victim or two and this site, which is awesome is basically a social media whore as well. Telling viewers to comment below with some phrase is just a ploy to manipulate the algorithms. Not to mention you posted twice on the Malcom Merlyn bullshit using both your channels to express outrage, the truth being you were more interested in levying exposure to your channels. You Did not really give two fucks about the controversy itself. Sorry

The last thing chat baiters want is to end scamming. For most, the only thing they have paying the bills. More to the point, stroking their hyper-sensitive ego. kboga the biggest.

It is the totality of all the harassment of us regular people using sites like this, calling on our own calling and harassing these pieces of shit that wears them down. Even scammers can only handle so many calls being called pieces and shit and hoping they die a horrible death. So I am always curious why the bigger sites, kboga for example does not follow your lead and create a separate site to post numbers.

My wish is that you would all stop pretending to be so magnanimous, be honest, tell folks that this is how you make a living and put on a good show.

1 Like

So do nothing is better?

I agree, there are scambaiters that do things just for show, and want likes and that money income. But these scammers do exist, I’ve repaired mulitple PCs that have been victim of a scam, without education, the weak will fall victim. Even if it’s a show, the general population understand how these scams work, and can avoid them!
Scambaiters provide great educational resources, and that can be more helpful than anything. I personaly haven’t seen a scam baiter put on a show relating to the scam we see on the island I live on, and they are different, to what these channels show, but the scripts are the same, that is the important part.

I’ve had one so far that I’ve called to try to use it, maybe they were a “victim” of being banned from their other software lol.

As you mentioned, something is better than nothing. If people have a desire to share the work that they do online in their own way then it’s not that big of a deal. The thing that matters most is why they’re doing it and if it’s even remotely effective. Sure, the things that K does seems to be different than what SR does but at the end of the day I believe they’re just trying to do their part, and if they can make it “entertaining” then why not? It can also act as a form of education for those less fortunate than others to learn about how to keep themselves safe and what to look out for regardless of if it’s roleplay. I’m avoiding taking the cynical route because of the topic at hand, I would hope K and SR and others are primarily in this for safety than money and I haven’t seen otherwise :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

most of them have old slow computers.