Aussie Facebook Scammer i wish to revolt

I believe this user to be a scammer. She contacted me via the “suggested friends” the profile lacks friends, only 29 and most are men, single men. Claims to be living in Port Lincoln, South Australia. And working as an agent in the medical supplies field. The medical supplies company she represents has a link to a website that is unreachable (404 page not found), its phone number is also unreachable.

This person then says “how would you like to work from home for me?” In true scambaiting style im stringing her along asking many questions. When the job offer came up, i hit the Facebook messages call option. It rang for a while and was rejected… i was asked “did you ask permission to call? This is a business phone and i dont answer personal calls.” I made an excuse and said i must have pocket dialed… ive asked for the salary involved. How should i proceed?

Usually this type of scam will send you a fake check while sending you details of an account to pay for training or materials. You can definitely report the accounts while telling them that the bank won’t let you do whatever they want you to do. You should be able to get a couple accounts out of them before they give up. You should be able to keep them engaged for weeks in the meantime.

The funny thing about these scammers is I actually used to live in Port Lincoln many years ago as a locum and emergency room triage nurse, and there is absolutely no way there are “agents in the medical supply field” working out of there, all our stuff is delivered via trucks and small planes. Scammer probably googled “small population cities” (PL being 16k) and ran with it. Would’ve been more believable if they said Western Australia or Adelaide, South Australia.

Probably another bhenchod.

1 Like