Bitcoin scam

Hi to all, i’m Gin, age 40. Live in Belgium.

So, i receive a lot of e-mails about Bitcoin but i’ve never done any crypto-currency mining or investments, whatsoever. Such mails come in basically every week.

Need some advice on how to approach this.
Will i get an answer from the original sender if i just reply to such e-mails ?
(there’s no “noreply” prefix) so, i guess i could get in contact with the sender right away.

I mean, i think i should be able to trick them by claiming that something’s wrong
with my bitcoin account, and eventually ask them to have a look at it.

I haven’t created the VM yet, as i want to learn as much as possible first.

I really hope to hear from anyone experienced.

Kind regards.

Since you don’t have a VM yet I would recommend not clicking on anything inside the email (links, hyperlinked images, ect.) In my experience with amazon email scams the noreply will usually just not send to them or you’ll get a reply email saying that it didn’t go through. Another thing is that if you’re using your main email replying to it can lead to your email being flagged as an active one and there will be more sent usually. They’re most likely just sending emails en mass to try and get bitcoin login information and there’s no real way to bait them as there’s no way to get a reply, and you can’t (shouldn’t) be clicking on the confirm payment as it might grab your ip, infect with malware, ransomware, etc. Good luck with setting up your VM (youtube will be your best friend) -Elden

2 Likes

What Eldenoras said is pretty important. Set up a VM and VPN and you should be good to go. There is a guide on the forum or you can just youtube it.

1 Like

Ok Elden, thanks for the informative reply,

I have to admit that i did click on links in the past when i was a lot younger and stupid
Nothing bad ever happened though.
The hawkman04 was my first e-mail address i ever created, but it’s not being used for linking accounts to certain websites anymore, it became basically a junkmail collector.

So, getting in contact with e-mail scammers won’t be that easy. i can accept that for now…
Guess, i’ll better start setting up VMs to create safe environments first.

In most cases there’s an option for extracting the sender’s IP.
That might work… or not at all if it turns out to be a dynamic IP.

I have more technical questions but these will be asked later and in the right place.

1 Like