Canada Revenue Agency Scam (numbers in description)

Their call initially started with a robot saying that they were going to cancel my social insurance number if I didn’t press 1; I pressed one and was greeted by a guy who pretended to be a CRA agent. He basically said that my social insurance number was used to open 25 illegal bank accounts in a number of places; I denied this so he got me on the line with a “RCMP” officer who basically confirmed what the benchode agent said before throwing me back to him. The benchode got me to “drive” down to the bank, get all the money I could, “drive” to a bitcoin atm, and deposit all the money into the government “safety deposit box”.

I’d try this number first: 1 (800) 765-2251
If that doesn’t work, try 1 (807) 907-4859

The first number was the scammer’s “callback” number and the second number is the one I was called from.

If you’re gonna screw with these guys, make sure to have loud speakers, atm sound effects, driving sound effects, horn sound effects (as these kinds of scammers sometimes ask you to “honk for verification”), an address around Markham or Maple (in Ontario) figured out, and a bank address to “drive” to. If done successfully, you’ll waste up to two hours of these benchodes’ time. Also, make sure to say that you received a voice mail about something to do with your social insurance number right before the call.

First number did not go through, but second number went through and they are calling me back later.