Comcast Scammer

Scammer number: 8556083921
Scammer website: NA
Any other scammer information: Now this really did sound like a legitimate comcast call until I did a search on this number and found out it was associated with other scams, including an SSA scam and fake debt collector as noted on 800Notes. Claimed I could get a discount for my Comcast Acocunt, when I don’t even live in an area with Comcast. Claims their hours are 8AM-5PM.

If I’m wrong, correct me. But this number is sus right off the bat.

2 Likes

Definitely a scam…Press 0 and a benchode will answer. They say 50% off your bill as Target is covering it. You have to pay 600 via Target gift card and call 833-839-0341 with the card #'s.

I hope SR can use this one for Wednesday’s stream lol. I was messing with them for thirty minutes today. Still is active lol. I got them to admit they’re in Mumbai. At least one of them. Seems to forward to multiple scammers.

I got a call from Comcast scammers. I just started speaking Norwegian to them and they hung up.

Pretty good “catch” for a first post, Giancarlo. :+1: :+1:
I’m tempted to call them and sing “Scammer Chameleon” (a bad parody of Culture Club’s “Karma Chameleon”) to them. I don’t even like the song, but I bet they’d like it even less. :smiling_imp:

They’re checking numbers against Comcast customers somehow

Got one on the hook now. Cycled through 3 random numbers then eventually one worked and put me on hold.

If Comcast (Xfinity?) provides VoIP, then the number they call can probably be used to see if the called party is a subscriber.
I had a “Spectrum” scammer do that to me a few weeks ago. While he put me on hold so he could “check to see how much [I] could save on my bill,” he apparently spoofed my number and called Spectrum’s bill-paying number. He found out what my balance was, and I at first thought I’d been talking to someone who was actually making calls on behalf of the real Spectrum.
I told him I was “going to call the real Spectrum” and hung up on the bhenchod. I told the Spectrum rep who explained to me how the scammer did it that they might want to consider voice recognition or maybe a PIN code before allowing anyone access to any account info, but I dunno how far up the company ladder my suggestion might have gone.
Bleeping scammers. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes