Comcast Xfinity 50% Discount | (855) 209-4888

Scammer number leaving the voicemail message: [Removed]

Voicemail.
Hi there! I’m calling from Comcast Xfinity to let you know that your existing account is qualified for 50% off. In order to avail the discount, kindly call us back at (855) 209-4888 from 8am to 5pm Pacific Standard Time. (How nice, they even let you know their hours of operation.)
Thank you and have a great day.

A quick number lookup shows that this used to be an HP tech scam operation.

3 Likes

Okay, this is not cool. The **[Removed]**number is to a legitimate therapist and should not be on here. How are we supposed to scambaiting when people use this forum to drop numbers of legitimate people they have issues with. The main number in the title is a scammer but the number mentioned herein they added is not a scammer and I have a feeling the poster knows it and is misusing this forum. Shame on you.

1 Like

No, that number was the number from my caller ID when I received the scam message. The template asks for the originating number, so I added it.

Instead of making a false accusation of me, just point it out so someone won’t call that number by mistake. The number they said to call was the 800 number, not the 541 number. The 800 number has been verified as a scam number on multiple complaints. If you’d take the time and read the message that I wrote, you’d see that the message said the 800 number was the one you call.

I’m a Ph.D. student in a big college in the Deep South, so obviously I don’t have anything to do with Oregon or that area code. I’m not from the Left coast and I have little interest, money, or time to go there.

Shame on you :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

This is false, the template does not ask for the originating number. The template asks for the scammer number and other scammer information. Posting mutiple legitament numbers with the knowledge that they are not scammer numbers will end up with an IP ban from our forum and an account suspension. I have removed the legitament number from this post, please check numbers and make sure they are actually scammers before posting to this forum.

Template example:

Scammer number:
Scammer website:
Any other scammer information: