Email scam attached to game

Received an email with someone threatening to send a hacked webcam video of me (nonexistant) to my contacts if I didn’t pay them a bitcoin bribe. I of course did not respond. Here are their instructions & threat:

Del Sabra [email protected]
Wed 2020-04-15 5:05 PM
To you

I do know, XXXXXXXX is your pass word.

I need your full attention for the coming Twenty-four hours, or I may make sure you >that you live out of shame for the rest of your existence.

Hi, you do not know me. But I know every thing concerning you. Your entire fb contact >list, smartphone contacts as well as all the virtual activity on your computer from past >114 days.

Consisting of, your masturbation video, which brings me to the primary reason why I >am writing this particular e-mail to you.

Well the last time you went to the adult material web sites, my spyware was triggered >in your computer which ended up recording a beautiful video of your self pleasure >play by triggering your web camera.
(you got a seriously unusual taste by the way haha)

I have the whole recording. If, perhaps you feel I 'm messing around, simply reply >proof and I will be forwarding the particular recording randomly to 8 people you >recognize.

It could end up being your friends, co workers, boss, mother and father (I don’t know! >My system will randomly select the contact details).

Would you be able to look into anyone’s eyes again after it? I doubt that…

Nonetheless, it doesn’t need to be that path.

I would like to make you a one time, no negotiable offer.

Purchase USD 2000 in bitcoin and send them to the down below address:

bc1***qd23yhppm8h2n5f0rpxrtnmfstpx4mflskqa7pv
[case sensitive copy & paste it, and remove *** from it]

(If you don’t understand how, lookup how to acquire bitcoin. Do not waste my >important time)

If you send out this ‘donation’ (why don’t we call this that?). After that, I will vanish and >under no circumstances get in touch with you again. I will remove everything I have >got concerning you. You may continue living your current normal day to day lifestyle >with no concerns.

You have got 24 hours to do so. Your time will start as soon you go through this mail. >I have an unique code that will tell me as soon as you go through this e-mail therefore >do not try to act smart.

… so there it is, this is the second email scam I’ve received of this nature from playing Heroes of Might & Magic 7 (Ubisoft, must be logged in to Ubisoft to play game), purchased and downloaded from Steam. The password XXXX’d out above was the password for both my Ubisoft and steam accounts (since changed, but email attached to account is same). I played the game 2 years ago, when I got the first email like this one. I haven’t played it in the interim. Having just started playing it again, I’m fairly certain it is from this.

Let’s not let any innocent folks ever get scammed by this one!

I think I remember seeing this before about like 9 months ago. Surprised that people are still getting emails like this.

1 Like