Email scams - A way to send in

I happen to know someone who’s getting 5 to 10 scam and phishing emails daily due to a company selling their info. Is it possible to get an email to forward them to for the sake of putting an end to or reduce the frequency of these? It appears their email provider, Outlook, is allowing these emails into their Focused inbox which means they are being notified from their phone every single time one of these come through. It also appears that Outlook is not doing anything when these types of emails are being reported.

1 Like

I disabled the “Focused Inbox” bullshit in my Outlook account.
I also set up a bunch of custom filters (aside from putting them into the Junk folder or deleting them outright, some redirect them to abuse handlers and/or phishing-report accounts. I even have one set to junk almost anything that has almost any Unicode emojis in the subject line (with exceptions to newsletters I’m subscribed to)) and I go a bit overkill when reporting any spam/phishing that still manages to get by.
as a result, more spam/phishing actually gets through in my Gmail than it does to my Outlook

1 Like

Focused inbox was awesome up until that company sold their info. They also went crazy on rules. Based on sender then by subject. They also tried contacting MS on it and unless you’re payin’ them for ad-free, you get a whopping hour or longer wait time…

As far as Gmail is concerned, Google’s not really payin’ attention to user feedback. Gmail is almost as bad as Yahoo! now-a-days…