Fake AMEX scam from India ‪(877) 434-3248‬

Scammer number:‪(877) 434-3248‬
Scammer website:
Any other scammer information: The pretend to be American Express. I called the real AMEX and they said these people were scammers that they have heard of.

Flood the shit out of these fuckers. They make robocalls

1 Like

They acted really confused and like they were looking for someone specific and didn’t have my name on file.

1 Like

may be a legit debt collection company after google searching the number a little common sense with researching a number goes a long way. BTW call flooding will get you into trouble.

The line answers as "Thanks for calling AmEx on a recorded line. and then a guy pick up and mention the same thing. Real Amex will not say that.
Google points to several scams… here is one:

1 Like

The crazy thing is… they sound so professional, you can’t figure out if this really fake.

I am going by Philip_Fry, who mentioned “I called the real AMEX and they said these people were scammers that they have heard of.”

They opened with a request for my social security number.

Whaaaat? the full SS#? Thats a Big Red Flag! :open_mouth:

They aren’t AmEx but a debt collector company that’s pretending to be AmEx. I’m not sure though.

This number belongs to Nationwide Credit in Kenesaw, GA.

Nationwide Credit has a very long history of deceit. Such as spoofing and claiming to be AmEx.

If they continue to harass you might consider filing a complaint. At the FTC.GOV website

I think they were probably scammers in some way shape or form. Debt collectors pretending to be Amex would be violating the FDCPA, so it’s unlikely they’re going to call the cops on you.