First time trying to scam-bait..... FAIL

Guys, I just tried to scam-bait for the first time and it was an epic fail. LOL…… It is Saturday, after all and after attempting to call several different numbers, they were all either disconnected, or the voicemail box was full. However, I called this number: 833-800-6777, the recording had me to put the last 2 digits of my phone number in and I was connected to a live person. The “technician” wanted me to pay up-front, $129.99, without ever mentioning anything about wanting to remote in to my PC. I just told him I couldn’t afford it and hung up. Anyway, is this another thing that tech scammers will do, is ask for their victims to pay up-front? Or, is this number possibly legit Microsoft tech support?

1 Like

I’d be surprised if that’s genuine, asking for money upfront without actually knowing why you’re calling or who you are, sounds completely over the top to me although I’m relatively new to all this so I couldn’t say for certain if it’s a new thing or not, however I can say with 99% certainty that this is not legit :+1:

DoctaOsiris, yeah I thought so too, that it’s not legit. I was prepared with my VM to let him remote in and I certainly didn’t give the guy any money. LOL Anyway, I probably try 'er again tomorrow to see if I can get a good number to a tech scammer who will want to remote in. Also, if I can do that, I’ll probably create a new YouTube channel and make a vid of that.

1 Like

Good luck :crossed_fingers: :four_leaf_clover:
Let me know how you get on, I’m rooting for you :+1: