Great Alternative to FireRTC or Google Voice

Does it have to be connected to Romania? Can’t I do it off VPN from any other country in EU?

The UK doesn’t work, I haven’t tried Holland, Denmark, Germany, or France. Your most welcome to try and tell me what happens :slight_smile:

Romania doesn’t work for me. Tried US, UK and Germany. Nada. It won’t let me register. Do you know if Textme works the same?

I haven’t used that one much tbh. But I’m sure the function is that same, if it ain’t working for you. use windscribe and try and connect to India or singapore

Moving this to tutorials since it’s a tutorial.

I’ve been using TextNow for a couple years now. But when I signed up I never needed to use a VPN. Being in the UK just worked fine for me and it allowed me to register an account and I can grab a number. Is this something that they have updated or something?

1 Like

Thank you I have een using TextNow for a while and I change my numbers every fifteen days, I have five accounts for it and change numbers constantly, they allow it every fifteen days. I even have a number I use for business online as well.

It works fine for me I am in the US and never had any issues with it.

Ye they did change it, I live in the UK and it didn’t work. So I used a VPN

I’ve always had a problem with the calls being dropped while ringing in textnow. the ring would stop abruptly and it would exit the call, any one have a similar experience or solution?

That is normal, because that number is either dead or is rejecting calls. Always happens with me when calling dead numbers

Did someone find a way to bypass the 15day “lock” to change number on textnow? i need to call the center back up but they have blocked my number

Just make a new account. If you are using Textnow for Android you can use any email like [email protected] but in PC versions of Textnow website, you will need to login with Google/Apple/Facebook and these days they check if the email is real or not so actually do something like a real email, something like [email protected] so that the email should actually exist.

Textnow is blocking all of my accounts now. So can’t use Google Voice (not available in India), FireRTC has stopped it’s services. Does anyone know another awesome calling service?

I used to love FireRTC , it had Caller ID spoofing and record buttons also.

Works in the USA, just the sign up only works through Apple ID. However, if you download the app, sign up with email, then you can log in with email on the computer and uninstall the app.

@YoDay BobRTC (https://bobrtc.tel) although it’s outbound calls only. MicroSIP (https://www.microsip.org/) I hear is good although I haven’t tried it. Google Hangouts (outbound calls w/o caller ID)

1 Like

Thanks, but I am unable to use Bobrtc, if I go to that website I just see a forum where people have posted numbers, can’t see any option for calling service.
Tried logging in with discord too, it redirects me to a calling page but after a few seconds back to the main page, logged out. I’m not really sure what’s happening.

For microsip, I downloaded it but either it says request timeout or crashes.
I will try Google Hangouts also.

Edit @BurntToast7, I used Google Voice, it was not letting me create an account from India so I used USA VPN, so account created, then it wanted me to link a number which should be from a career from AT&T Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile or Verizon Wireless. We don’t have any of these here in India, so can’t do that either.

Looks like I can’t scambait call scammers.

On BobRTC, click on “Phonebook.” There, you will find a directory of scammer phone numbers that you can call. You can only call those numbers. Google Hangouts only dials with *67. DM me on discord BurntToast7#4305 for me to give you one of my TextNow accounts. Just use a VPN with anywhere outside of India when you are using it.

1 Like

I’ve no problems with textnow, It also works in India, no need of a VPN. I do have accounts over there but the problem is I call from Laptop and after scammers block me, I want to change my number, and to create a new account in textnow laptop version, we have to use google/facebook/apple.

Hence, I wanted another service. Also I will try BobRTC again.
Thanks.

Edit : @BurntToast7 As soon as I log in with discord on BobRTC, it takes me to the phonebook but logs out immediately after 3-5 seconds as I said previously. I managed to take a screenshot in those 3-5 seconds.

And a few numbers appeared in front of that “host numbers” section and back to the main page showing this -

If I try with a VPN though, after pressing login with discord, it shows this image and tells me to select the faces of scammers.-

Obviouslly, I can’t select scammers there because it’s an image file.

You should probably stick with TextNow, it’s a more reliable and full-featured service. The best way I have found to sign up on textnow is on mobile, they seem to restrict on desktop as for creating accounts. So just create an account on a mobile device through their app and then sign in to the acc on a browser on ur PC.

3 Likes