Has Anyone heard of Student Loan Forgiveness Scams?

I didn’t get far on this call. Seemed fishy. They called me … my phone blocked the number. Here is the deal… I had a wild hair from watching scammer vids on YouTube and thought I might… give them a call and see what the deal was.

Called number back.

Automated prompt asks if you were called by mistake (if so press 2)
But if you owe more than $7500 in federal student aid, click 1.

I hit one.

The first time, a gentleman answered. He was direct and asked my basically only These questions
Are you making payments?
How much do you owe?
Size of your household?

I answered them… he said … I wouldn’t be able to help you. I’ll put you on the do not call list.

I believe this happened because I am making payments already

What was weird is when I asked why I received this call he mentioned a lawsuit against Navient. Some litigation that hasn’t reached a judgement yet. That and he spoke so quickly I didn’t catch his name… and no company name at all.

Anyway… given that… I called back

I got a young woman this time… weirdly… different hold music after the prompt.

She asked similar questions… and gave me a different response with the same info… WEIRD RIGHT. Then she wants my email to look up my loan. I said no to that. She said she could look it up with my social… at that point I asked for her website. She said she could email it to me. So, I asked for her name again and then for her company’s name and website. She spouted of some bs about the programs they work with… I wrote down William G Ford… but when I pressed she gave my “Student Loan Advisory”

If you all think I should… I’ll post the phone number and you can see for yourself!