Help! Possible scammer had my information.

+15026639980. Called and said that i filled out a survey and thats why they were calling. They offered lower insurance rates and auto body repairs or something. They had my full name phone number and car information! Help! How coukd they have had all of my information I never filled anything out! I need to know if they are scammers or legitimate

It’s a robo caller, called them and get an automated system that tries to imitate a real person.

1 Like

I just now called them, and I had my speaker on mute. I got what definitely sounded like a real person, stating that this was a recorded line. No surprise they hung up on me.
Anyhow, glad you found us. I can imagine how scary it was when they had all this information on you. It’s how my mom fell for all the scams she’s fallen for so far, and why my mom’s done talking to strangers on the phone. My guess is that they did a basic google search and ran w/ whatever they found. Since you never filled out anything, and they’re claiming you did, they’re scammers.

1 Like

The second time I called back I made it through the bot by answering questions and got a real person who hung up on me when I asked how they got my information. It was very scary that they had all of it. I had my identity stolen a few years ago and I was thinking the worst. Thank you all so much for checking its really appreciated.

No prob! Anyways, I’m sorry to hear you’ve been a victim of identity theft in the past. It’s scary that they had that information on you for sure, whether you’ve had your identity stolen before or not. The fact that these jerks hung up on you when you asked how they got their information on you is super shady, imo.

If it helps in terms of any lingering concerns you have toward what they may do w/ the information they have on you, maybe a good idea would be to contact the credit bureaus and have them do a fraud alert for your identity. Better safe than sorry where this is concerned.

1 Like