Help with my Virtual Machine

Hi, I’m new to this forum, I’m also a fan and subscriber of ScammerRevolts’s YouTube channel……. Anyway, I have installed a VMWare Virtual Machine that runs Windows 7 Ultimate on my Windows 10 laptop. The VM runs with 2 processors, 2 GB RAM and a 60 GB hard drive. My VM is EXTREMELY slow. So, what can I do to speed it up? Any help on this would be very much appreciated.

Hi please make usre you put posts in the right category, I have moved this one for you :smiley:

Is the VM running on a older hard drive? or on the same drive your current os? I found my VM were slow till I threw them on a SSD to themselves then bam, I could run 3 VMs without noticing a lag. Maybe consider Usb3 Usb Drives too for some speed

1 Like

Thanks ScammerRevolts, no problem. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks, Justin_Large……… I uninstalled VMWare and installed Oracle, then installed my Windows 7 OS to run as the VM and that seemed to take care of the lagging. But, thanks anyway! To answer your other question Justin_Large, I run the VM’s hard drive off my laptop’s hard drive, the same as the host OS.

Oracle Virtual Box is a good choice(my personal opinion). The way I use mine is I have my main host os boot from a nvme flash and my programs run from a traditional hard disc drive. I give my vms about 4 to 8 gigs of ram. When I code or make changes I let it load and the open anything I may use. If you are using it for scambaiting I would say load your vm and the pre open and close the most common things like msinfo, control panel, etc.

Kyoya, yes after all the trouble I had with VMWare, I installed Oracle VirtualBox and that seemed to take care of the issue of my VM running slow……. However, I don’t have any ISO’s, all I have are a few old Windows installation discs, so I don’t think I could run the VM from an external drive but I was able to install Windows 7 onto my VM’s hard drive, using a Windows 7 installation disc. Now, I just need to update it, cause it’s ancient. LOL