I think I just turned this SSA Scammer's life around...

I hope he was genuine with me. Wherever you are, know that you’re appreciated.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/687764268

2 Likes

In all honesty, I doubt he will change what he does. It’s easy to say they’ll stop scamming, but that doesn’t mean they’ll actually stop scamming.

Most of the people that do these scams are people who grew up in a family with a low income, so in order to make money they become scammers, which is a job that takes no effort to do expect know a language. They are so ignorant that they tell their parents that they have a job that is actually respectable, when in reality they do scams.

In most cases the problem with trying to turn a scammer good is that they are to lazy and ignorant to actually act on the things they say.

Another problem is how much money they make. It’s difficult for a low paid scammer to get the funds needed to leave a call center, while still being able to afford to pay for their family. But for the scammers making lots of money, they don’t want to lose the opportunity they have to make easy money. I’ve seen spreadsheets from a scammers pc that shows their salaries and some of them make $70k a year scamming, and the scam organization makes $3 million+ a year. But on the other end of the spectrum you have call centers barely making $500k, which in turn the scammers only get $10k a year.

In India, and all the other places where big scam orgs operate out of, getting a well paying job, let alone getting job in the first place, is difficult due to the large population.

So to expect a scammer to stop scamming is hard, and the only way I see actually working is to give them money to leave the call center and help them start a business, but this is a very big risk.

The best way to end scamming as a whole is to raise awareness of the issue and to tell more people the signs of a scam, and if there is no one to scam they make no money.

Yea, I don’t know if anything happened. But I felt like I did have some sort of impact on him so I hope something happens

We can all hope, but the sad reality is they don’t care.