I want to get more into Romance Scammer shutdowns

A few months back I decided to join a date site with a premium account. During that 1 month of Premium, I managed to send a msg to 325 users with the following results.

Active Chats: 11 users
Meet: 2 users
Rejection: 16 users
Unknown: 25 Users
Pending: 163 users
Scammers: 108 users

The active chats were people with nothing more than conversations. I did meet with 2 users in person for a hookup which was meh at best. I did get 16 rejections which I can respect. But it was the 108 that I confirmed to be scammers which has me wanting to take action against them.

The scams were anything from fake prostitution, needing gas money via online payment, crypto scammers, gift card scammers, and others. I was able to learn each of the scam types early on and knew they would end up that way. I did give everyone a chance since heck you never know, may actually find a decent person on there.

I have no issue using my own pic, and details. Guy in his mid 50s that is a bit overweight. Easy target since obviously I must be lonely and will do anything to get laid errr love. However I want to use a few safe guards to keep things going. IE a VOIP, Text Now, and a virtual machine if it gets to that point.

What other ways can I be able to be safe, and even get the users actual details and info?

1 Like

I posted something about this yesterday. I’m also wondering how we can scambait these tinder benchodes. For crypto scammers, I think they try to set up a call with you and show you how to “trade” crypto (to them lol). So maybe something like what Kitboga does would work? Like you just pretend you don’t know shit and you have them waste their time and set up a fake banking or crypto website to troll them.

Idk maybe a new format for ScammerRevolts?

1 Like

I saw another scam baiter posting a lot of romance scammers and he kind of got into a sticky situation for using what was apparently his real profile. Be careful with romance scams because you have to be honest about certain things but deceitful at the same time with information that can expose you. You also don’t want to be flagged for violating the dating website’s terms of service. You don’t want to falsely flag someone who is legit or a victim themselves as a scammer. Then have them be harassed by other scam baiters.

Be careful whenever use your real information. Some scammers are more malicious than others. If they detect you as a scam baiter or believe you’re just trolling they will use your real information to get revenge on you by various methods including electronic stalking, copying your profile, hacking your phone to create fake profiles or using compromising photos of you ransoming. Or they target other scam baiters or innocent parties thinking it’s you.

Maybe use your real profile for casually screening scammers. When you find a suspicious person then use a virtual phone with VPN and a bait profile to lure them. Do not taunt or threaten them using your real account as they can get your account shut down. Just gather information with the real profile and set up the lure. Some people like revealing to the scammer right away or are abusive. I prefer to gather as much information as possible, verify it, and post it here for the community to be educated. And whoever wants to “take revenge” can do it knowing it’s a verified scammer.

Hey there came across this in on the text camera United my name or account is totally a fake one that I use for specific things like the scammers and just wanted to let you know that it wouldn’t be benchod because the romance cameras are I would say 80% the Nigerians so they don’t know what that means LOL and I have a lot on them I’ve been doing against them for months now I actually have a guy on the inside that I talk to you on WhatsApp from Nigeria looking to get some more helpful information tonight good guy obviously yeah he’s a scammer or was I do donate to him for his time with gift cards obviously but it all works out and it’s worth it anybody need questions for info let me know

I have seen so many date scams, I know it’s a shocker. I am a little over 50, a little over weight, High blood pressure, high blood sugar, and partially disabled. I know the perfect catch. I will be getting some junk resolved here then going to make a new profile on a free site just to lure them in. And if I find someone legit then bonus.

I have gotten em from all over the world. And so tired of being lied to and my time wasted.

1 Like