I was scammed! Please help! Revenge needed

I was scammed for 300bucks by Optfinance.com they said they were investing my money into Bitcoin. I feel so stupid…single dad not greatly computer literate. Before i knew it he was on my computer. Thry gonna call me Wed looking for more money. His name is Adrian knight…his email address is [email protected] he said they were authorised by the FCA…i called…they are NOT! I ve had to cancel my bank card and my passport. And register with CIFAS cost me another 30buvks. Please guys do something about these lowlife…and please let me know when you do…Thankyou guys!

Hi! Please make sure you put your posts in the right category, I’ll move this on for you.

Ok sorry about that.thankyou

I’m so sorry to hear this happened to you. I know it’s probably easier said than done, but try not to beat yourself up over this. You were unaware that this is a thing, and as you said, you weren’t computer literate, and none of that’s on you. Lots of people fall for these and similar scams, so you aren’t alone. My mom’s been scammed several times in the past, so I can relate to your anger. At the same time, I’m glad you found us, and shared your story w/ us. Maybe this will either prevent someone else for falling for their b.s., or feel inspired to share their stories if these scammers got to them too.

Canceling your bank card and your passport was a wise choice to make. Contacting the credit bureaus to have them put a fraud alert on your identity could be another step to consider taking. Based on the spellings you used, I’m guessing you’re in the UK, so the equivalent would be the credit reference agencies. You may also be getting calls from other scammers in the near future, but ignore 'em. If you happen to answer the phone, hang up. You don’t owe them shit.

We’ve got some great scambaiters here, and I’m sure plenty of lurkers to help out, so hopefully these jackwagons will be history soon.

Thankyou Kevin…i am very encouraged by your reply and that you would take the time to even care. Yes I have registered with CIFAS which stops anyone getting credit in my name. At least I jave been able to vent a little and as you say prevent some other unsuspecting person from being scammed. Hopefully someone will get onto them. Thankyou again.

No problem. I hear you, and I care. Scammers burn my biscuits just by living, and it’s always heartbreaking to hear victims’ stories, regardless of their age or life circumstances. A loss of 300 bucks is nothing to sneeze at for anyone, let alone a single parent. These scammers’ actions have real-world consequences, and they can range from relatively minor inconveniences to life destroying.

BTW, since I’m in the US, I can’t view their dumb website. However, I was able to view it through an EU-based proxy server. I notice there’s a box to check that specifically states “I am not a citizen of the US.” I’m betting they’ve been caught in the past at some point, otherwise why would that even be a consideration? According to their website, they’re located in the Caribbean, St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Here’s the whois info for the site:

Domain Name: OPTFINANCE.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2262169478_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2018-05-11T12:15:00Z
Creation Date: 2018-05-11T12:15:00Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-05-11T12:15:00Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: 480-624-2505
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited EPP Status Codes | What Do They Mean, and Why Should I Know? - ICANN
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited EPP Status Codes | What Do They Mean, and Why Should I Know? - ICANN
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited EPP Status Codes | What Do They Mean, and Why Should I Know? - ICANN
Name Server: NS73.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS74.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: Submitting a Complaint to ICANN Contractual Compliance - ICANN
>>> Last update of whois database: 2019-03-03T22:20:00Z <<<

For more information on Whois status codes, please visit EPP Status Codes | What Do They Mean, and Why Should I Know? - ICANN

The address listed on their website indicates their location is in an office complex, however the picture for their location on Google Maps is 6 years old.

Google Maps.

A Google search of “Astronyx Limited” yields nothing. Same on LinkedIn. A search of just “Astronyx” yields results, with none appearing to be applicable, so I wonder if this could be a shell company.