IRS left me a message

320-337-8499
Called me yesterday, I have a warrant! Called them last night, no answer, couple of times this evening it was busy. They mentioned none of my personal info on the message, they called my cell, which has a 254 area code if that helps.

5 Likes

I tried calling from two different numbers and it seems the number might be down or that they just don’t allow callbacks, did they leave a voicemail with any callback number?

5 Likes

Yes, the same number they called on. AT&T blocked my call to them, used a dialer instead. I just checked the voicemail and had a new partial message but still mentioning a magistrate and warrant. Case number CP 90832 and return phone # 202-684-2177.

5 Likes

I just found this transcript:
" A final notice from the I.R.S. This message is to inform you that I.R.S. is filing a legal warrant under your name and your tax id for the tax fraud and the investigating team of our department is investigating you and your family we have tried to notify you regarding these issue in previous 6 months but we have never got a response from you so it is being considered as an intentional fraud and lawsuit has been filed under your name by the United States government you may call our department number 320-337-8499 I repeat 320-337-8499 call for more information before we download your case into the courthouse thank you."

Source: http://www.nomorobo.com/lookup/320-337-8499

I think they may just be offline or the number might have been shutdown already.

6 Likes

Nice, yes, that was the original message exactly. It didn’t flag on my number blocker app either. This second one had different wording, maybe a different caller with the same list of potentials?

5 Likes

Yeah most likely, Scammers seem to like sharing that information around.

6 Likes

IRS scammers call frequently
Latest one is 220-200-2170

4 Likes

This is the msg they leave from this number:
" Message is officially final notice from Internal Revenue Service to inform you that we have received a legal petition notice against your name for tax violations and willful fraud before this matter goes to federal court or before you get arrested we want you to call us back on toll free number 220-200-2170 did not disregard dismasted you do return a call soon as possible thank you."

Source: https://www.nomorobo.com/lookup/220-200-2170

I just tried the number might be dead now or just temp offline

4 Likes

I find it hilarious that they mention that your family is being investigated, because that’s guilt by association which isn’t practiced in the US. Makes it more obvious and it’d be interesting to throw that back at them and see how they react.

3 Likes

Lol that’s true, They would probably just try and continue with the scam for as long as they can lol.

3 Likes

lol before we download you into court…hahaha

lol just saw that XD what dumb scammers lol :joy:

1 Like