I've got a scammer gold mine for you

There is a scammer Facebook page called Tech Support Mumbai. There are various people that look to be selling popup scams, refund scam calls, p0rn popups and activation scams. I am sure I am probably not the first to find this, but hey, maybe someone will benefit. Let’ em have it.

Unfortunately, Facebook lets these scammer groups ran out of India run rapid, they never face any bans. I found some groups a while back and they are still running strong - Facebook tech scammer group

2 Likes

@ScammerRevolts I’ve tried contacting them, I failed at contacting two of them which seemed like they were probably the same person, (both started the conversation with “hiiii” and would not respond to further texts.) I was able to contact one of them, who asked me who I was and what I do. I gave him my alias name and I asked him if he wanted me to tell him my job occupation. Then he told me “No, You have the wrong guy. Bye”, and that was it.
I believe these guys here might have some type of code, like only people they trust know the answers to the questions he was asking. What do you think?
ps. I also tried reporting them to facebook.

This is a crime ring, you dont engage in casual conversation, or appear that you don’t know exactly what you are doing… It works the same way as any other black market/illegal trade.

You don’t ask them to ask you…you answer. Only ask when it appears your turn. Also, do not be totally blantent/blunt (I’m a refund scammer!), or too cryptic. Just come up with some BS scam company and say you offer “Microsoft support” or something like that.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips.

These Facebook groups bug me and I’d love to find a way to mess with them.

A lot of the scammers want to talk over Skype/Whatsapp/whatever which is a problem as I don’t sound even remotely Indian.

One possibility might be to set up a SIP trunk and pretend to be somebody selling popup calls, but that’s a fair amount of work to make it happen.

Another might be to set up an army of Facebook troll bots and just spam the heck out of them, but that’s not trivial to set up either.

maybe they are looking for Indians who are willing to scam and can talk in Hindi

Are you on twitter? you can leave an explanation and tag @MumbaiPolice and their twitter is actually quite responsive so maybe their cyber branch can trace them down. That facebook group has lot of Phone numbers and with the app called “Truecaller” or truecaller.com you can see their name and city from the phone numbers they are leaving there.

According to their facebook group info the owner of the group is in Gurgoan (40 kms away from Delhi), I guess he has used the name “Mumbai” in the group name because lot of people while searching for jobs want to come to Mumbai and do it, so they get more targets.
(If that’s the case Mumbai Police won’t do anything)

It’s also possible that some of the scammers don’t know they are actually scamming people (saw something like this in a hoax hotel video) , about how these owners of fake companies might be brainwashing innocent job finders.

Their location. Probably it’s showing closed due to coronavirus.