Medicare and/or "diabetic supplies"

Scammer number: 419-402-8243
Scammer website: NA
Any other scammer information: When they first called me, I thought they were running a “more Medicare benefits” insurance plan spam ,where the person called might eventually talk to a licensed insurance agent in the US, but no. The first agent’s accent was so bad that I missed at least half of what she was saying. After her “superwisor” also tried and failed to get to sign up for free diabetic shoes, I called them back a bunch of times.
One buddhu told me they’re in “O-MA-ha,” and the next onw said they were in New York. Nobody admits to being in India or understanding Hindi.
You might find it easier to understand what they’re saying than I did, but I’m pretty sure the scam is designed to collect Medicare card numbers. I don’t have a card, so I gave them the “John L. Smith” sample card number, after they deduced that the “B1T3 ME3 A55O” number that a friend of mine thought up wasn’t real. :grin:
I love it when they don’t spoof their number. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I know a lot of old folks that would end up falling for this one. GET THEM! RAT them and sabotage everything.

They have a pretty good script, but most have poor English skills. They start sounding like it’s about getting something to avoid finger-stick tests, then go into the shoes routine.
When one asked me if I wanted shoes with or without laces, I said “Which kind would be better for kicking someone’s ass?” That ended that call, and maybe got the number I used blocked. They’ve blocked a bunch of my numbers, and one woman “agent” whined about “Why you keep calling here?” I think I told her “Because I have more numbers than you do.”

1 Like