multiple scams 855-904-2265

I was told by a very smooth speaking american man that I was being sued for an overdraft balance of $480.00 on a bank account I closed over 7 years ago and I could stop the courier by giving them a lower amount of $380.00 or else I would have to go to court and incur such fees.

I got the number because they called my brother on his cell phone (no idea how they have that) they left the phone number and a 6 digit reference number.

I knew not to give my card info but I feel like there are people out there who will fall for this.

Number still works I gave a fake number and name couldn’t find me in the system for some reason. I started talking crap about loser scammers and he told me to have a great day. Lol :face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Yeah, the sad thing I always think about is that there are some people out there who will fall victim to these scammers, especially if they claimed to be from bank or police department. Some people just too vulnerable. Until now, I still read some reports filed at http://whycall.me about similar scam calls, but I personally haven’t received one of them.

I’m wondering if the reason is because it isn’t a scam, its a debt collector LOL

Was given this number to call for the same reason as the OP. Was given a direct number by the guy of 8329909505. They are very persistent in trying to put a stop to “legal action” that doesn’t exist.

I tried calling and got a voicemail for NCS. Sounds suspiciously like a debt collection agency. Not sure if this is the same organization, but it could be ncscollects.com calling and trying to settle a past debt.

Yeah could be that. Would be weird though since the guy I spoke with said the name of the company was “Novus Capital” based in Houston, TX.