Need help. Got scammed by a fake detective agency

I lost $1,500.00 to a scammer who runs a fake detective agency called Wilsons Detective Global operating through a website called wilsonsdetectives.com. I had wanted some PI work done in the Philippines and googled for a suitable company I could hire. The website boasted that they were a UK company and had subsidiaries/partners in many countries. Since they appeared to have done quite a bit of work in the Philippines, I decided to email them for a quotation.

They were quick to reply and asked me the kind of work I needed done. I told them and they reverted with their deliverables and quotation which theynestimated would cost $3,000.00. Condition was I had to pay 50% upfront and the balance upon completion of the investigation. They gave me an account of a bank in Tblisi, Georgia to wire the money to. I had my suspicion and inquired as to why a UK company would have an account in Georgia. I was told it was for tax exemption purposes.

I wired the money the following morning and was surprised when “another” person claming to be a colleague of the guy that I had been dealing with wrote and said the scope of the investigation I wanted will actually cost $6,000.00 and not $3,000.00 as I had been told earlier. This guy was adamant that I should wire another $1,500.00 if I wanted to kickoff the investigation. Immediately, I realized I had fallen for a scam. He began hurling profanities when I said he need to show me at least some work before I wired the other $1,500.00. What followed was another few email exchanges laced with insults and then he just stopped.

I am hoping someone can help me track these guys down and shutdown their operations to save others from falling victim. Please let me know if you need any futher information.

The email the scammer uses is [email protected]

If you want these guys to get shut down I’d talk to a lawyer if I were you. And for the future as well if your looking to do any type of investigation especially outside of the US or even dealing with a company like this outside the us consult a lawyer first to avoid future scams. But getting lawyers involved will be your best chance to get your money back and shut them down

Thanks for your input Tom. No, I am not looking to get my money back. I am just hoping someone can check these guys out and if they are a scam to shut them down so others will not get duped like me.