Need some help (sorry long) 800-993-3290 hilton scam

I have been getting the hilton/marriott hotel scam calls pretty much everyday for about 3 years. I need to answer my phone for work so I cant just let them go to VM. I started by just hanging up when I got them for a few months but it became clear that was not working. I tried the put the # on their do not call list a few times (I know you are not supposed to) but that failed. So I started wasting their time every time they call as clearly they are not going to stop calling. I know the stupid script so well I dont even have to pay attention to them to keep them on the line for 10+ minutes every call. I have done it a few hundred times for dozens of hours of their time and I still get them pretty much everyday. So about 2 weeks ago I was so fed up I told the guy I had to ask my wife and got their call back number(800-993-3290) . I went straight to target bought a $30 prepaid cell and a 30 day card and started my revenge. On Dec 18th I called them 122 times. On Dec 19th another 85 times (yes I had snapped by this point) before they finally were able to block my prepaid number. They were very pissed because I guess the lower level guys cant block the # and it took a day or two to get someone who could. Anyway this obviously did nothing for my main number but it was good for the soul. Is there any app that I can use to change my number so I can keep calling them on the prepaid as I was having so much fun listening to them rage? I tried googling but every one was pay by the minute and I would rather pay a one time fee. Any website that I can make calls from for free to keep harassing them? And what if anything can I do with my main number to stop them? I have had the number for 11 years and dont want to change it and I doubt that would stop scammers anyway. Thanks for any help if anyone has any.

there are a good amount of websites out there that let you call for free. i think “textnow.com” is good. “firertc” is a great one but they are not letting people make new accounts atm. good luck with this.

1 Like