Netflix Email Payment Scam

Hi, I’m new here (brand new) so I hope this is enough information?

I got an email from “Netflix” (spelled Netf***|***ix) with the following informaiton.

Email sent from: [email protected]
Email sent to 50 people including me.

Topic: Re: Update Subscription Payment - Membership update 08/06/202 0‍ (yes the 0 is two spaces away, no I’ve never subscribed to Netflix)

Body: Unfortunately, we cannot authorize your payment for the next billing cycle of your subscription, Netflix was unable to receive a payment because the financial institution rejected the monthly charge.

To resolve the issue, Please update your payment information by pressing the button below

(Red button that says: Try Again Payment)

((Button link leads to google homepage on google chrome))

We are ready to help. Visit the Help Center (link when copied from email: x-webdoc://7D1B8340-5106-4F17-BF4E-F246ACB0266D# ) For more information or contact us (link when copied from email: x-webdoc://7D1B8340-5106-4F17-BF4E-F246ACB0266D#).

Questions? Call 1 800 071 578 (Yes, that’s the number, no, I didn’t miss a number :laughing: )

This message was sent by Netflix SRC: 29853268_29853268_1_EN

I hope you have the information you need, like I said I’m 100% new and I know this email is a scam (had the same email four times before, and I can read all the email addresses that were sent this with mine).

:slight_smile:

Love, Quiet

I think that’s because the destination was already reported to Google Safe Browsing. it seems that if Google also operates the server the page was on, they replace it with a redirect to Google.com instead of simply blacklisting it.

sadly, there’s no easy way to let Netflix know about it. they have a dedicated email address to forward phishing email to but it rejects everything.