Phishing with passwords

So I got 3 emails saying that I have po&n videos on my computer with the password to my email. and they are going to send them to friends unless you pay 2000 usd in bitcoin because it is untraceable. There probably somewhere in China because there grammar Is terrible with password in to words and they can’t spell for the love of god. Their name Fawne Kallinger and their emal is [email protected]

Hmm if I’m Not mistaken This sounds like a Sextortion Scam And they had Your email Password/Knowledge of Videos on Your PC the Would Need 1 Of the following, 1) A Remote Administration Tool/Trojan. 2) A Stealer, 3) a Tracking API That Could See What Was downloaded. Last one Is Unlikely. Because Once a File is Downloaded the IP Address Could Be Different Because of the notorious Rumor that All P** Sites Give you Malware. Anyway If they where Targeting Your Email this Is Most Likely a regular Phishing Scheme Unless The Say Your Real Name/Name on The Account. I Personally Use Outlook with a fake Name and Different name for the Email Address. I would Report to At Least the FCC or Look for An IP Address in The emails HTML/Header (What Ever it’s Called.)

nah, they’re lying about having a RAT. they use a script that shotguns off emails to any address associated with a compromised account. I’ve gotten several in the past that were obviously fake because of the following:

1. they claim to have webcam footage of me, but I lack the hardware
  2. they claim to have access to my email account password to tell if I read the email, but said account has 2FA enabled and has reported no attempts, much less successes, to log in other than my own.
  3. if you change your passwords regularly, the one they claim to have will likely be out of date. furthermore, if you actually use different passwords for every website account, you’ll also know which site was compromised.
1 Like