Recourse for getting scammed?

So my partner got scammed out of $3000 via a “you have a warrant out for your arrest” phone call scam. I’m pretty sure there is nothing she can do to get back any of it. She has called her bank and I have reached out to the bank that runs the ATM she made the deposit in. The scammer gave her an access code, pin, and email address and asked her to go to a local PNC ATM. Because it’s a cash deposit I don’t think there’s anything we can do about it. Report it to the FTC is all I could think of.
Just another lesson to stay vigilant. My partner is a well educated professional and was taken in by them. Super frustrating. I knew instantly it was a scam but found out 10 minutes too late. If anyone has any suggestions please send them my way. I’m pretty sure we are SOL.

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, these guys are hard to prosecute even if you manage to track them down. Your bank may be able to reimburse you if they have good anti-fraud policies, but most banks don’t.

Yeah, that’s what I was afraid of. I missed stopping her by a matter of minutes. The work on fear and a sense of urgency. Thanks anyway and good looking out! Stay smart out there everyone. These guys are constantly on the make.

When she deposited the money in the ATM did she have to send it to a bank account? Call that bank and report the account, they should shut it down and maybe look into it more