Scambait mentorship or help

If you’re just getting started with scambaiting but need some guidance, please feel free to reach out to me. I’ve been doing this a while and would like to help others with what I know.

12 Likes

@R11R

That’s really kind of you to offer your knowledge, and help other like minded folk.

There’s one thing I would like to practice before doing some scambaiting for real.

That’s how to reverse the remote connection without the scammer getting suss.
Also file download & deletion, and then upload a few nasty surprises onto their computer to finish them off, or to keep them under surveillance to gather enough evidence against them.

Would be good if some real life connection demos using Anydesk, TeamViewer, etc…can be done between forum members.
It would give noobs like myself a chance to see if our VM’s are setup stealthy enough to not raise any suspicions.

:+1::+1::+1:

7 Likes

Id also like to try this out. Maybe we can help eachother this weekend

2 Likes

Right, I get nervous I’m putting myself at risk. I don’t g
Let them connect to any device and I use false info number and have surfshark vpn running always-

I did cold calls for years (non scam types) and I would really like to apply my skills- :smiley: I’ve been working on my own “script” :rofl:

1 Like

Def looking to chat!

Sounds good.
Not sure if i can DM on here yet to arrange it.

I’ve got my VM setup 90% complete, i just need to get the ISO(?) files to hide the VMware tools.
And also decorate the VM a little bit more to make it look like a used computer.

But still be able to practice connections with it.

2 Likes

A VM is the only thing you should let them connect to, and have yourself a VPN or proxy to hide your IP address.

I just setup my first VM running Windows10 with relative ease, but making it look stealthy was a little more work.

3 Likes

Just got my VM working. Im able to use it though it is a little laggy. Maybe i diddnt give it enough ram

2 Likes

@R11R I might have a couple of questions. One of the questions I don’t want to ask in an open forum. I don’t see how to DM on this forum.

So far, I have my VM all set up with a fake bank, A VPN, and a couple of voip phone numbers.

I have been successful at downloading files from scammers and getting some email addresses and phone numbers used to try and send or transfer money.

I guess I am a bit older than the usual scambaiter. It gives me a bit of an advantage because it doesn’t take much for me to sound like an old person. LOL

6 Likes

I dont know if youre on desktop or mobile but for me if i just click on your name i see a blue button that says message

1 Like

Yea, I only wish there was an open general chat thread. :hugs::hugs:

1 Like

I have 8GB ram on the host and gave the VM 3GB which was all good, but i think i might need a bigger hard drive.

I noticed my VM is showing the 70GB i allocated it as its hard drive size even though i edited the settings to give it a 480GB SSD.
My host has a 300GB HDD so I’m not sure if that’s the problem.:thinking:

3 Likes

AH…Yes, Thanks! Now I see it.

1 Like

SR used to have a discord but deleted it for some reason.

2 Likes

Also it’s cool to see this thread evolve into you guys helping each other. Tag me if you have any direct questions.

1 Like

I would be very grateful for this - are you happy for DM via here/discord?

Discord R11R#8473 20 character requirement

1 Like

Just install alot of shit, ccleaner, open office etc… the more shit the better Lol

Im really new. I went out got a laptop got my vm on it kind of!! Iv been on the internet trying to learn how to hide it from scammers. And how to record screen. So i can use all the help i can get. Thank you. Wayne07

2 Likes

Jim Browning has a video where he shows how to hide common hardware names that VMware changes via the registry. For example, when using VMware the display adapter in the device manager shows “VMware xyz”, hdd shows “VMware xxx”, and so on. Some scammers check the hardware in the device manager and if they see anything with “VMware” they’ll be sus and disconnect. I have a VM with this already taken care of along with Kitboga’s “Updog Bank” and appropriate host file settings so that it’ll work no matter your network. This hasn’t come up until now so perhaps I’ll upload it somewhere for y’all to use if you’re interested. Got some common young guy crap on there so it looks legit including a folder on the desktop that says “Nudes” that’s just full of hairless animals lol!

I also use another VM running at the same time with FreePBX running and use VoIP.ms for my lines. It’s pennies a day to use and worth the fun lol! I recommend running these VMs from a separate drive and HIGHLY recommend this drive be an SSD. That way your main drive isn’t bogged down running three OSes.

Let me know if anyone is interested in my VM. It’s Windows 7 btw.

4 Likes