Shipping Scam

I am in the fabrication business. Someone reached out to me looking for a large material order. I have gone back and forth with them on the pricing. Once we agreed on the pricing he asked me to contact a specific shipping company.

He wants me to arrange shipping with this specific shipping company and then they will send someone to my location to pickup the material. This is where the scam comes in. The shipping company wont do anything with you until you set up an account. In order to setup an account you need a credit card or bank info.

Here is what they sent me after I gave them a price.

Thanks for getting back at me with the grand total.I am local and would be shipping the products to my colleagues in PR. want to proceed with full payment with my credit card.But as stated initially, the order is to be picked up from your location and the shipper to handle the shipment is SKY LINE LOGISTICS INC
Kindly send them an email with the dimension of the order, where the order will be picked up, that is your address and where it will be delivered so they can get back to you with the freight charges.Below is their contact details:
Freight Company’s Name: SKY LINE LOGISTICS INC
Shipping Company Info:
SKY LINE LOGISTICS INC
Contact Person: Mr. ALAN SMITH
Email: [email protected]

404 692 5357

Please contact them with the information below.

1. The pick-up address
  2. The delivery address
  3. Dimensions, Weights or quantities on order
    Delivering Address:
    Carlos Kohl
    1580 Ave Magdalena,
    San Juan, PR
    Please contact them right away and get back to me as soon as you get a freight quote from them.E-mail me the grand total for the product plus that of the shipping so I can proceed with the payment with my credit card .Waiting to hear back from you.Thank you.

This is the third or fourth time they have tried to contact me over the past year. Always a different shipping company, and different buyer but the same order.