Social security scam. tel: (844) 572-1698

Scammer number: (844) 572-1698
Scammer Email: [email protected]
Any other scammer information: It’s funny to me because I’m not an American and never lived or worked therefore I don’t have a US social security number. But I received an email from Christopher Sonsen (using a Gmail account) who informs me that my SSN will be suspended in 48 hours due to fraudulent activities and now I must call this number to do what??? IDK. I’m not a citizen or resident or immigrant of the USA.

See the email and attached screenshot below:

1 Like

As I’m totally blind and use a screen reader, which often has a difficult/impossible time extracting text from images, could you post any relevant text from the images in actual written text? Thank you so much in advance! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure. Email Reads:

Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2022 at 7:40 AM
To: "email address removed for privacy
Subject: Your SSN account has been suspended because of suspicious activity. Case id: 4001112022. Kindly respond to our team for more details.

Attention email address removed

Due to suspicious and fraudulent activities, we regret to inform you that your Social Security Number(SSN) will be terminated within 24 hours.

To know more about the case docket please refer to the given attached notice.

Team SSA,

USA

This mail was sent to email address removed at 26-July-2022 11-40-01.
Also, This email was sent from an email address that can’t receive emails. Please reply to the contact attached.

Attachment is a scanned official-looking letterhead with Social Security Administration logo that reads:

Attention SSN User:
Case No.: SSN843524222335457
This is to inform that, due to fraudulent activities, Your Social
Security Number (SSN) will be suspended within 48 hours.
For any help/queries, contact us on our toll free number 1-
(844)-572-1698.

Regards,
Social Security Administrator,
United States of America.

Securing today and tomorrow

Email reference id: [#03424-7438353453459-44341
This is a system-generated email. Please don"t reply to this email. If you have any queries or need any help please contact us on I (844)-572-1698.
Social Security Administration-USA, 6401 Security Blvd. Baltimore. MD 21235

4 Likes

Thank you for this!
I think my favorite part of the email was “securing today and tomorrow”. I really hope that’s not actually the official SSA slogan. It shouldn’t be.