Spectrum scammer...dropping down your monthly bills.

Scammer number: 213-529-8421
Scammer website:
Any other scammer information: Nelson with Spectrum wanting to help me “dropping down my monthly bills”.

I’ve gotten two of those, from spoofed 207- (Maine) numbers. The calls came at 1:52 PM and 5:21 PM yesterday (09/12). Knowing the numbers were probably spoofed, I told “Ryan” and the other drone that I was interested in the promotion, but I was busy, and asked for a number where I could call them back. The first one said “Yes, 91–” before the call ended abruptly. The second one just hung up on me.
I wish I’d been able to record the female robovoice on the initial calls. Her syntax suggested it was recorded by someone for whom English was a (distant) second language. Since the numbers were spoofed, I couldn’t call and troll them, or find out more about the scam. I’ll play along for awhile if I get any more calls.
I did get a kind of weird recording when I called the first number to verify if it was valid and active. The other was a ring/no answer that rang a number of times before going to “dead air.” Makes me wonder if someone subscribed for one or more numbers from that carrier, with no intention of answering inbound calls. :thinking: