Student loan/financial hardship (530) 580-1747

Scammer number: (530) 580-1747
Any other scammer information: Robocall about student loan debt (which I don’t have). Pressed all the right numbers, got connected to an “agent” who I’m pretty sure was in the USA. He wouldn’t tell me the name pf the company providing the “services,” and hung up on me. I called back a few minutes later from a different (207) number, and got a ring/no answer.
Called back from a (503) number (Portland, OR), and got a robo-answer about a financial hardship loan program. Pressing 1 and then 5 led me to an “agent” who sounded kinda like the guy I talked to on the first call, but less wary. He said his company was working for a law firm, “LPG, Litigation Partners Group.” He said “This particular office is in Florida, but they have offices nationwide.” He said the last caller he helped had $15,000 in credit card debt (I told him I had 11K), and they were able to work out a plan for him. Not having my script handy, I said someone was at the door, and I’d have to call back. I think he was starting to catch on that I was trolling him.
I’m starting to think that various calls to this number get routed to “the next available agent,” in different parts of the country.
I haven’t found anything yet Googling for “Litigation Partners Group,” but will check for any TCPA cases later.

1 Like