Support/IRS/FTC scammer 209-325-0547

This guy scammed my mother-in-law out of $12,000, then had her go to the bank to apply for a loan for more money, the bank teller stopped it.

1 Like

This seems to be a Norton refund scam now, I have moved this from general to the proper category.

1 Like

Thanks,
We told her to shut her computer off yesterday but he had her install TeamViewer. Is it possible he’s still on the computer, is it safe to turn it back on?

2 Likes

No, I would first disconnect it from the internet, uninstall anything they installed on the computer or go to a restore point if one was made, or even do a full reset of the computer. Make sure she changes all her credentials on her accounts too.

Sometimes scammers install more insidious remote connection software that can run in the background, usually called screen connect client so I would go into the downloads folder and check for that and see if you see anything like that running in the task managers process list.

But if it really was just TeamViewer then you probably don’t have to do everything I listed above!

2 Likes

Thanks for the help, love what you do, keep up the awesome work.
Love the chicken

1 Like

Definitely, glad to help and I definitely will! :grinning:

3 Likes