Textnow issue

Hi all,

Complete newbie here, and first post. I have just installed windows 10 home into virtual box, using a MacBook Pro, and have tried to get text now working, but when I try to get it working via gmail, it just comes up as “error”.

I have since noticed online that win10 home does not support hyper v, but win10 pro, does. Is this whats causing the issue?

Huge thanks, and loving the videos on

YT!!:slight_smile:

I’m not sure why hyper-v support would be needed for the use of text now, you also need to provide more information other than it comes up with “error”, maybe a screenshot or something like that. The best way to signup with text now is via the mobile app and then use your browser to sign in on your computer, Don’t signup with google or any other services, use your email.

2 Likes

Ha!

I think I’ve found the reason; Im in the UK, and it’s not available here yet by the looks of things. Really appreciate your reply though, thank you for your help :slight_smile:

Same goes for the google voice, only available in US.

So, That leads me to the question; Any recommendations for Calling/VOIP software in the UK please? :joy::rofl::+1::wink:

Using a vpn based in the US should allow you to signup and use testnow

1 Like

I’ll give that a try. Many thanks!:wink:

So sorry for all thew questions, but I used to have Nord VPN on my host machine a few years ago, but I didn’t renew the subscription. So, do I reinstall this (or any other VPN you’d recommend of course)! on my VM or do I just renew the subscription on may host machine and, if so, will the ip address still be hidden on the VM?

You run the vpn on your host machine and that will reflect on the VM, I recommend Private internet access.

I’ve tried that before, but it just bans me straight away? Are there any others besides textnow and google voice that we can use in the UK?

UK guy here - I often use the TextPlus app. They seem to have problems with lots of numbers however (its a bit of a meme on my streams when their overenthusiastic man exclaims “there’s been a kerfuffle in the call factory!”), but no vpn needed!

TextMe can also do free numbers but ive never used it for scambaiting (i use it for other purposes and don’t want scammers hands on it lol)

Am in the uk, and I use proton VPN (free) on my main PC to the US, with text now also running on my main pc. Then, I boot up both of my VM’s (one with anydesk to connect to them and one for them to login to). Works well and hope this helps :slight_smile:

I am also hacing some issues. I’ve set up a free account and I’m presented with a

Get Your Free Phone Number

Enter your area code.

Screen. I enter my area code (any area code) and it does nothing. I’m running through a VPN. Is this something I should turn off while trying to do this?

TextFree works well for scambaiting and works in all countries.

No that’s not the reason
the reason is Textnow has disabelled the signup with gmail option
to get around this just make a facebook account and sign up wth that