Tinder Swindler

Yo I can’t believe I’m reporting a scam on TSU after watching all the hilarious and much needed scambaiting from the one and only ScammerRevolts!

I’m from Italy. A week ago I matched with a girl from Australia on Tinder. She said she is coming to Italy soon and wants to connect with locals before her trip. At first it seemed 100% legit - texting on whatsapp about travelling, Italian food and places to visit in Italy.

Few days after, still getting to know each other, but this time talking about work and she’s super curious about my job, then I ask her about her job. She says she invested in a couple businesses but she has now moved to crypto. Asks me if I’m into it and I reply not really, only for the memes lol.

She says if I ever needed some advice on this I could ask her and I say yeah if you have any advice happy to talk about it when you come to Italy. Then all of a sudden it gets to “hey if you have time now maybe we can talk and I’ll show you the basic of crypto”.

OK by now I’m 90% sure it’s some kind of crossover between netflix shows “tinder swindler” and “trust no one”. I won’t post the number yet but do you have any advice on what to do? Collect more evidence and report to Australian police?

Moving this to the scambait questions category since it does not contain any scammer information and is a question.

You will need to provide a lot of evidence to the police here in Australia for them to be even interested.
And as with a lot of scam cases, if there’s no actual victim, there’s very little the authorities can do.