Which vocoder software to replace the dead BobRTC

Since BobRTC is gone, what (software) are you using to change your voice?

I first considered a hardware based solution, but since i often travel around, I want to use the benefits of changing locations to go after the scammers.

Even an SDK (C#) would be worth while digging in to create a usable tool for the community. I built many years ago a tool to handle ransomware scammers. That was even translated by others into 11 languages. But now its all quite outdated :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Welcome to TSU.
I’ve looked into Voicemod and Clownfish, but have yet to try either one on a call. (I’m not very tech-savvy.) I usually do an “old guy” voice of my own creation, but I’d like to have other voices available, including a demon voice in case I ever decide to give a spam caller the “Thank you for calling the Satanic Hotline” routine I saw in a video. (They’re probably using a spoofed number, so I might as well bust their chops while I still have them on the line, right? :smiling_imp:)
[Edited for typo.]

2 Likes

Clownfish works pretty good and I also have a roland vt4 i believe if you want a hardware option its nice the vt 3 is good too.

2 Likes

Thx, @Bendoaka . I will look at the vt4 which is also available on amazon. Since i already have a set of elgato tools including their streamdeck which offers a plugin for voicemod, i will test this tool, too.

It would be awesome to have a voip client that has this vocoder capability fully built in. Less complexity for the less tech savy people.

2 Likes