Why do all scam centers have the same hold music?

Every time I call, it’s always a guy that sounds like a chipmunk, saying “please continue to hold your call is very important to us” followed by a classical piano tune.

1 Like

My bet is there is a free automated thing out there that says that, and since its probably free the scammers will tend to use it, rather than make there own automated call thing.

1 Like

Yes, this is the most likely scenario but probably not free, just cheap with limited connectivity.

In a answering machine, depending on how much you are willing to spend for one, there are usually around 3-5 default sounds that can be plaid while someone is on hold, most likely the scammer’s don’t even try to change it from the pre-set one.

Of course if they had made the network themselves then everything would be cheaper and they could find royalty free music and connect to an unlimited amount of phones/computers, depending on the type, but if they could do that I guess they wouldn’t be scamming. :joy:

1 Like

The deal with classics published before 1930 is that any copyrights have expired. If you feed the notes into a synthesizer you can produce a royalty free sound track.

Note though that while the track is royalty free for them, it is a new production which they (or the system operator) hold the property rights so you still cannot play this on YouTube.

Now, if we had a tune recognizer, did a reverse search to find the original sheet and resynthed the music it would be royalty free again and could be published.

1 Like

Because all scammers use the same PBX System (Asterisk/FreePBX). They all have default audio.

1 Like