WIN98 On a mobile or crappy PC?

So I recently downloaded this app that simulated Windows 98. It was cool and had a lot of functions, but obviously it wasn’t the full Windows 98 OS. That got me thinking however, I don’t have the best PC in the world, and obviously phones don’t have the hardware to run a computer OS, but I was wondering the following:
1a: Could I get a Win98 ISO somewhere
1b: If so, where?
2: Could I get it to run on a smartphone
3: Could I virtualize it on my PC?

Any input is greatly appreciated!
Stay fresh,
KillerOfOld

1a: Yes
1b: Do a search for “Windows 98 iso download”
2: Probably not
3: Yes. VirtualBox is a free download and it has an option to set up a virtual machine for pretty much any version of Windows back to 3.1

Even if your PC is not that crash hot, it’s still probably a beast compared to a typical Windows 98 machine of the time, so I’d imagine that it would run on a VM OK.

1 Like

Here is a video on installing it on android: [Full Tutorial💻] Install Windows 98 On Android - YouTube

Yes, you can virtualize it either on virtualbox or VMWare.

Here is a link to a windows 98 ISO file: Windows 98 Free Download

Also, I don’t know how good it would actually run since you haven’t provided the specs of your pc but Id imagine it would run fine on any modern pc.

1 Like

I don’t know if this is what you mean by specs, I’m not that smart in computer hardware haha. Assuming this is what you mean, my Task Manager says I have Max CPU Speed of 1.90 GHz and 3.4 GB of Memory.

Well when I had a Windows 98 computer back in the day, it was a Pentium III running at 700MHz with a massive 256MB of RAM and it was top of the line. I think your box should cope with Windows 98 just fine.

2 Likes

Ah nostalgia, I remember the rush of going from Windows 95 to 98… good times!