Windows Refund Scam (217)295-2550

Typical refund scam said that I’m owed a refund for $300 for a security program on my computer

2 Likes

Yes they are using Ultraviewer. Currently getting gift card now and will be calling back. They “syskey’d” the computer with password 123456 lol. So I will be calling him back in about an hour.

Oh yes I forgot to add…Eric’s number is (334)633-8737

2 Likes

Update…Called back saying I have the gift card. He insisted that I give the card number, I told him to do work on my computer before. he went to bestbuy and told me that the card number should begin with the number 6. How they know that it begins with a number 6 everywhere is beyond me…maybe one of you know and can fill me in. But I acted dumb when starting up the computer and he was acting like I need to give him the numbers of the card before he would give me the password syskey, so I said maybe my wife put this on here and she usually puts 123456 for her password. and bomb it started up. Got him to use AnyDesk instead of Ultraviewer. But he locked all his files where I couldnt access them. So I told him that I am just going to call Norton and see what they can do for me and closed my VM, blaming him for shutting down my computer.

1 Like

got their ip adress it’s 103.85.98.138
they shut all their numbers down when I revealed

1 Like