2023-09-21 Boss E-Mail Gift Card Scam

Scammer number: N/A
Scammer email: [BOSSES NAME] [email protected]
Any other scammer information:
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2023 06:39 PM
To: [ME]
Subject: [MY NAME]

EMAIL CHAIN SO FAR:

THEM: Wed, Sept 20, 2023 - Hello, do you have any free time this evening?

ME: Thu, 21 Sept 2023 - Sure!

THEM: Thu, 21 Sept 2023 - Thanks for the response, Here’s what I want you to do for me because I am a little busy right now. I have been working on incentives and i aimed at surprising some of our diligent staff with gift cards. This should be Confidential until they all have the gift cards as it’s a surprise and you will keep one for yourself too. Can you get this done? and how soon?

ME: Thu, 21 Sept 2023 - Awesome! I can run over to Walmart right now and get some. How much and how many?

THEM: Thu, 21 Sept 2023 - Awesome, I need you to help me purchase 5 qty of Visa gift card $200 value on each (total of $1000) you should get them at any local store around you. After you get them take clear pictures of each card front and back and send to me on here so I can have them sent to each staff email address. Please keep the physical cards and receipt for reference purpose. I will be glad if you can purchase them now and I will reimburse you back later. Let me know if you’re on the way to the store.

ME: Thu, 21 Sept 2023 - Should I use the company credit card?

THEM: Thu, 21 Sept 2023 - Yes, you can do that.

NEXT STEP: I will create fake Amazon cards. Stay tuned!

2 Likes

THEM: Hello, are you there? I am still waiting to have the gift cards. Let me know if you have purchased them
ME: Oh you need them now?

I sent him an email too…let’s see if he gets back to me.

THEM: Yes, have you purchased them yet? Or you’re on your way to get them. Let me know
ME: My company credit card is at your preset limit. Can you up it by $1000?

Them: I will do that later. I will be glad if you can purchase them from your pocket and i will reimburse you back later.
Me: Should I go to accounting and ask for cash?

1 Like

Un-fucking-believable. I just can’t fathom anyone falling for this.

Our Finance guy was ready to head out and get cards.

Can someone send me some fake gift card images? I’d love to send them to the scammer.

WELL!!!

I’m just getting done with the $25 card I bought for myself. All fields are fully customizable. I need to create the scratched off version yet but check it out.

Once I put some blur and rasterization on it, it will look splendid!

Fake-Amazon-Gift-Card

Redeemed Gift Card Pic. I already put that code into my account. I will generate some other ones.

Fake-Amazon-Gift-Card-Redeemed

1 Like

You can edit this one:
IMG_5969
I blured it so you can put your own numbers and low the resolution

1 Like

HOW DO THESE LOOK?!?!?

All numbers are fake!

2 Likes

Codes look too clear, but should be fine

I took the resolution down. They look fine.

09/21 at 12:51 PM - ME: Boss??? Do you want these or not?

09/21 at 1:25 PM - THEM: Alright. Kindly email them to me now.
09/21 later THEM: Hello, are you there? Let me know.

09/21 at 2:17 PM - ME: Are these ok? (sent pic above)

09/21 at 2:23 PM - THEM: Yes they are ok. I will be glad if you can email them one after the other.

09/21 at 2:24 PM - ME: What do you mean?

09/21 at 2:25 PM - THEM: take a picture of each card separately and email them to me.
09/21 later THEM: Are you there?

09/21 at 2:24 PM - ME: I left for the day i will do this tomorrow.

09/22 at 10:45 AM - ME: OK I’m back at my desk. Do you want these pictures still?