While searching for a catalog

Scammer number: +1-833-493-9361
Scammer website: MS_9361_Assistance_Code0x268d3_Er0007ff97_Services
Fake service they are refunding: Microsoft
Any other scammer information:

Looks like a tech support scam IDK

@Jhawk Sorry for the wrong category.

1 Like

Damnit i’m incredibly stupid apparently.

I’d never seen that pop-up before and so i called the damn number and they had me running stuff in my command prompt. idk what they did or what they took or left or anything exactly. what should i do?

No worries @roadrashjd – A lot of times I don’t even notice it myself as I’m juggling a few websites, scammers and my real work.

They will get you to download any desk

Did you download anything onto your computer? If no and you never gave them access then you should be good, I’m guessing they told you to type “netstat” and “tree” or something of that sort and none of those commands will hard your device.

1 Like

they had me run netstat as well as a couple others . i can’t remember which. but at the last one it started going crazy with a long list but it was going so fast that i couldn’t tell what information it was pushing out exatly. and because of ultra viewer they had access and then the tabbed out of the command prompt screen and hung up on me when i asked them what they were doing. when i started to move the mouse to close the prompt and kill the connection they started moving the mouse in a differen’t direction and they wouldn’t let me tab to anything without the popup they had me call from take its affect so i couldn’t do anything. and would try to force it again every time i would get passed it until i finally was able to close ultra viewer and immideately after clsed the cmd prompt.

1 Like

@SabageGemini Uninstall UltraViewer ASAP

1 Like

I did, and reported it as being used by scammers on their website when it asked me why i uninstalled.

Also I’d like to make note that in this they didn’t say anything about a refund of any sort. in fact they told me the work that they were going to do (which was supposed to be a removal of a Trojan and help get my pc running smoother) was absolutely free. I think the no payment needed part is what got me hooked on the idea that it wasn’t a scam.

They probably would have installed UltraViewer with unattended access and watched your system to gain bank accounts and personal info.

Or pulled the “Your network was hacked” and get you to buy some bogus software package or warranty.

1 Like