2024-03-01 Email Threat - First Time Reporting

Scammer number:
Scammer email: MARK HACKER [email protected]
Any other scammer information:

1ST EMAIL: Urgent: Pay to Stop Our Hackers from Draining Your Accounts

I am writing to inform you that our group of highly skilled hackers has obtained all of your personal information, including details of your investments and bank accounts. We are on the brink of initiating a major withdrawal of funds from your accounts, which will undoubtedly leave you in financial ruin.

However, we have decided to give you one opportunity to prevent this catastrophe from happening. In order to halt our plans and ensure the safety of your assets, you must make a payment of $10,000 via wire transfer immediately. Failure to comply will result in the complete depletion of your accounts and the irreversible loss of your hard-earned money.

We understand that this demand may come as a shock to you, but I assure you that our intentions are serious and the consequences of ignoring this warning will be disastrous. You must act swiftly to protect your financial security and prevent a disaster of epic proportions.

Do not attempt to involve law enforcement or any other authorities, as we have taken measures to ensure that they will not be able to track us down or stop us from carrying out our operation. Compliance with our demands is your only option for retaining control of your finances.

I trust that you will make the right decision and take the necessary steps to prevent this crisis from unfolding. Time is of the essence, so do not delay in responding to this email so we can finalize the payment.

Sincerely, Mark Leader of the Hacker Group

MY REPLY:

What do I need to do?!?!?

2ND EMAIL: Re: Urgent: Pay to Stop Our Hackers from Draining Your Accounts

You need to make a wire transfer today in order to solve this. what is the address of your nearest branch?

3RD EMAIL: DON’T ACT SMART

YOU NEED TO COMPLETE THIS PAYMENT RIGHT AWAY AND FAILURE TO DO SO YOU WILL HAVE THE CONSEQUENCES TO YOURSELF. MAKE A WIRE TRANSFER TO THIS ACCOUNT AND SEND A REMITTANCE SLIP.

Bank name : SoFi Bank, N.A.
ABA number [REMOVED]
Checking [REMOVED]
Receiver name David Diaz
Address [REMOVED]

Don’t act smart because the damage will be a lot on you respond back to me with the time you are going to make the payment.

RESULTS SO FAR:

1. I called SOFI and reported it. They started a ticket and will call me back with the info.

2. @ScorpionMIT Told me to also contact the LAPD. I called the local station within the area of that address and left a message. @ScammerRevolts: Was that the correct way to approach this? Don’t they have a central fraud division?

1 Like

I wouldn’t post this info publicly as it could be a victims account that the scammer is using as a mule, I would take this info and report it to SoFi so they can shut the account down.

2 Likes

You don’t need to post the victim info here. I would also report it to the FBI cyber crimes division.

Whoops - Sorry. Yes I should have scrubbed that out of the email. First time you know.

1 Like

Done!
Here is the link I used:
https://complaint.ic3.gov/#

1 Like

Ah the good ol threat.