855-626-0656 syskey'd my dad

My dad found this number by googling for a support number for Magic Jack. They had him install GoToAssist and showed him “proof” he had been hacked by Mexicans over the last year. They syskey’d him and wanted $250 to fix everything. Luckily he didn’t give them any money and I was able to clean up his machine.

A quick google of that number shows it’s been associated as tech support for Spectrum, Dell, Yahoo, MagicJack, Silver Singles and Garmin.

2 Likes

I’m currently on hold with them, I’m going to call them as much as i can, and waste as much time as possible.

You probably know this, but I would highly advise to keep a USB with windows 10 on it in case something happens.
Bootable USB creation tool: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

I really wish I could do more than just waste time. Hopefully ScammerRevolts does something to them, I believe they deserve it for doing something like this. Best of luck to you and your dad in the future!

3 Likes

Would you happen to have a site URL he clicked on?
Sympathy to your dad good you could help him out!

2 Likes

Calle these people a BUNCH of times with different voices and they changed what kind of support they did every time I called so I had to come up with a new story and shit.

Seems like they’re just putting everyone on hold as I have been sitting here for 3 minutes, listening to their hold music.

1 Like

They’re back on magic jack.

Edit: I have my caller ID set to display an alias and hide my fake number, so he asked for my magic jack phone number. maybe have a number or your textnow number ready if you don’t know it, incase you encounter the same problem

1 Like