AnyDesk now wants payment

I just tried to open AnyDesk and connect to a scammer. It says "We have reached out in the past about your: potential professional usage and have not received any response back. Your device will be locked from AnyDesk on November 20th, 2022, unless an action is taken.

It looks like AnyDesk is going the way of Teamviewer. They want $179 per year for it.

Scammer can afford that cost. Is that yearly cost or one time use or named instance?

1 Like

Yearly.

I just did a search in my email for anything from AnyDesk, and there is nothing. They did not try and contact me.

1 Like

I just found in the VERY fine print the “request to be whitelisted.” I filled it out, but I doubt they will see that I am not a professional user.

1 Like

Speaking of team viewer. Did you know you can lock scammers out of the free version of team viewer by intentionally downloading the corporate version of teamviewer and tricking them into connecting to that corporate version?

I tried telling the TeamViewer installer that it was going to be for commercial use to exploit that fact in my Windows 8.1 VM, but it still gave me a free license as if I said “personal use”

I can’t recall if I also got the same result in my Windows Server 2008 R2 VM since I haven’t done anything with that one for 2 years

I would have to think that most scammers are using some sort of paid version of Teamviewer because they use it so much.
I will try this on my VM. Thanks for the tip!

Yeah, this is if you make an Anydesk account. You should not link personal information with these softwares if using them to scam scammers. When you make an account it tells you it is a trial account.