"Benoit Dageville is Paying it Forward" Email Scam Campaign

Scammer number: – None Provided
Scammer email: |from:|Benoit Dageville is Paying it Forward [email protected] via sendgrid.net|
|reply-to:|[email protected]|
|to:|YOU [email protected]|

Any other scammer information:

Looks like they are trying to get people to email in and get the ball rolling. Whomever wants to mess with the scammers feel free to reply to the topic " Hello!" with email address [email protected]

Message received as follows:

** I am sure this must be a very weird email for you to receive, My name is Benoit Dageville and below is a Forbes article about my professional career.

www.forbes.com/profile/benoit-dageville/?sh=724273b91967

You must be wondering why you are receiving an unrequested email from a very wealthy out of touch man. Well, here it is.

I came into wealth unexpectedly following Snowflake’s IPO in September 2020, when I suddenly found myself overwhelmed by my new reality.

I am reminded daily of the opportunity, privilege, and freedom that comes with great wealth. Overnight, I was suddenly granted the ability to dream of a new future, one where we, our children, and their children would live in security and without financial hardship.

But the most salient thing wealth brought with it was a feeling of responsibility to give back. We kept thinking of the Spiderman quote from Peter Parker’s uncle: “With great power comes great responsibility”.

I feel a responsibility to give—and to give with urgency. I know I cannot wait on climate change, cannot sleep on injustice, and cannot close my eyes to global health emergencies. And I do not intend to. If I believe in justice and equity, it is my duty to redistribute my wealth.

I know that philanthropy won’t change the world, but it can help support the individuals who will. Every day, through my work with my grantee partners, I am inspired by the incredible people who fight for their communities. My philanthropy is shaped by my values as well as the conversations I have with community leaders, and other experienced philanthropists.

I recently created a fund that will change the way philanthropy is approached, I have personally donated $100 Million to this fund and I will continue to fund it until I leave this earth. I am working with a marketing firm to pick at random, Individuals who I have never met and will probably never meet. Your email has been chosen as one of those individuals, Every email is linked to a person so this is my way of spreading wealth without bias or judgment.

If you receive this email, You have been chosen to benefit from my fund, You will be given $1 Million for no reason whatsoever, The hope is there is a change in the trajectory of your family’s fortunes.

Reply to my email with your full names and address, I will follow up with further instructions on how you will receive this gift.

My hope is to inspire others to join the fight for a world where all can have the same chance to build a good life.

Benoit Dageville**