Calling scammers using VIOP numbers

I have Text plus and Talk A Tone as VIOP numbers, when I call scammers, the calls get cut off or only rings once and the line goes dead, Is their line turned off or do they know what service I’m using?

Have you made sure that the numbers you are trying to contact are not already dead? Maybe give TextNow a try and see if you get different results.

I’m calling the number that called a minute later, it should not be dead, some sites won’t let you use a VIOP number since it’s not real cellphone. It only worked once, and its the same scammers calling me. It’s like I’m blocked.

They are blocking my Teat now number, I called them on another number using text plus, ( new call from them today) I called them out as scammers, called them back a min later and was blocked on that number too, other new scammer are blocking my Text now and VIOP numbers.

So they are blocking your number after you told them you know they are scammers? I don’t understand how this would be a VOIP related issue?

1 Like

Two scammers are blocking my VIOP numbers that I never called before. I called two on my Text now number, they blocked it, called that number back on my other numbers and was blocked, I never called them on my text plus or Textatone number.