COVID-19 Email Scammer

Hi, I received an “official email” sent from Mary Obrien at [email protected] telling me:

“You have been chosen to receive a grant of 550,000 USD from WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION for the fight against Covid 19 Pandemic .Send your reply to : [email protected] for more details.”

Obviously this is a scam and I am attempting to bait them for as long as I can, as I think their use of a pandemic to scam worried people is disgusting and pathetic. However, this is my first time scambaiting and I would love it if someone also tries contacting who.fundgrantdpt and bait them for as long as possible. I’ve emailed the second address and they’ve responded with a generic email:

World Health Organization
WHO SPECIAL GRANT OFFICE
Avenue Appia 20. CH-1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland

Attention ;

Thanks for your response.More than 200,000 cases of COVID-19 have been reported to WHO, and more than 8000 people have lost their lives.More than 80% of all cases are from two regions – the Western Pacific and Europe.We know that many countries(and their citizens ) now face escalating Pandemics and are feeling overwhelmed.

We hear you. We know the tremendous difficulties you face and the enormous burden you’re under. We understand the heart-wrenching choices you are having to make.

We understand that different countries and communities are in different situations, with different levels of transmission.Every day, WHO is talking to ministers of health, heads of state, health workers, hospital managers, industry leaders, CEOs and more – to help them prepare and prioritize, according to their specific situation.It is on this note ,we decided to pick people randomly to issue them a helping grant in order to assist their immediately environment in return.Your email was therefore pick to receive a grant of Five Hundred and Fifty Thousand United State Dollars.To complete the process of verification and claim of your WHO GRANT ,please kindly fill the following information as soon as possible :

Your Full Name :
House Address :
City :
State :

Don’t assume your community won’t be affected. Prepare as if it will be.Don’t assume you won’t be infected. Prepare as if you will be.

( TOGETHER LET’S MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE )

Your Sincerely
Dr Howard Benard
Head Of Department
WHO SPECIAL GRANT OFFICE"

Any help in baiting them would be greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

Here is what they replied with:
World Health Organization
WHO SPECIAL GRANT OFFICE
Avenue Appia 20. CH-1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland

Attention ;

After due verification of your details,we wish to inform you that Your File WHO/203101/COV has been approved for payment .You are hereby directed to contact the paying bank for your COVID 19 GRANT amount of 555,000 USD with the details below :

Bank Name: NIC BANK PLC
Contact Person: Dr David Owen
Chief Financial Officer/Director of Accounts Operations Office
DIRECT LINE: +44-741 834 9657
Email: [email protected]

NOTE : You are to contact the Paying Bank stating Your File No: WHO/203101/COV ,Your Full Name and your Grant Amount.

We wish you the best and hope to hear positive report of our the funds were spent by you.

( TOGETHER LET’S MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE )

Sincerely
Your Sincerely
Dr Howard Benard
Head Of Department
WHO SPECIAL GRANT OFFICE

My reply to the given address:

hello i am contact about the money transfer, what to do???

1 Like

Their reply from the new address sent:

Attention Our Esteemed Customer

This is NIC BANK PLC,The Official Bank Of WHO GRANT DEPARTMENT.We have receive your File Number regarding the Grant Amount Of 550,000 USD.

However,due to international rules for funds transfer greater than 100,000 USD ,we are mandated by our bank head office and other financial Monitory Authorities to opt for a procedure of issuing a debit card for a transit account that will be set up by you and the debit card will be posted to you.Kindly understand that the debit card will have a balance of 550,000 USD and a daily withdrawal limit of 20,000 USD (Because the debit card is a special debit card ).

Furthermore,you are advise to fill the bank account/ATM Issuing Application form that will enable us set up an online bank account for you which is needed in the process of issuing your SPECIAL DEBIT CARD.Kindly fill the form and send it back to us as soon as possible.

DEBIT CARD APPLICATION FORM

YOUR FULL NAME :

ADDRESS :

NEXT OF KIN :

PHONE NUMBER :

CITY :

STATE :

ANNUAL SALARY :

Your urgent reply will be appreciated.
Regards,

Dr David Owen
Officer/Director of Accounts Operations Office/wire transfer Department
Nationwide Bank Plc.

My reply. I’m going to start stalling and try to get some human responses.
ok thanks you very much . i am confused on something can i ask question??

1 Like