Facebook Scams

Right now there are a lot of “donation Scams” circling Facebook." my kid has cancer, donate to help" etc, is there anything we can do to combat these sorts of scammers? here is a screenshot of an example, as you can see google has no information on it and I can’t find shit about that website name… Facebook wants to censor what we see but letting people get scammed is okay.

1 Like

I post Facebook scams here all the time. I report all of them to Facebook, but they don’t do anything about them. Facebook doesn’t care about scammers; in fact, they care more about scammers than they do about you because scammers buy ads and api tools and you probably don’t.

There’s not much to be done except make your circle of friends aware of them and tell people to check out the charity on an independent verification site like charity navigator before donating anything. Leaving a negative review can help as well, but will also notify the scammer you are aware of them and they will block you.

I get fake friends that try and tell me the governments new cash back offer, or fake hot girls that want me to message them or that my business accounts have been flagged for inappropriate content. I report them all the time as SPAM, fake accounts, harassment, or inappropriate content and like @ScorpionMIT says FB just sweeps it under the carpet.

Something needs to change. Too many people fall for this shit.

1 Like