Follow up post about an AT&T scam number from December 28, 2020

As the post here AT&T scammer is now inaccessible, this is a post about a scammer whom my group and I had spoken to on December 30th, 2020.

The scammer we had spoken to caught onto the fact that we were baiting him, and afterwards, we had a long conversation about scamming. In the end he had promised that starting on the first day of the new year, he would change his ways and quit his scamming job.

The reason I’m making the post is because he mentioned that there was a lady who kept calling who helped him realize that his job was immoral, he even thought that this lady had given the number to us. He tried to give us his email so we could follow up with him, but either he’d given a fake email, or he misspelled his email.

If any of the four users in that thread steelefamilyofgod, radar, Redneck, and Indy was that lady, I’d love to speak with you and thanks for making this scammer come to his senses!

Edit: typo, changed number to email

1 Like

Is there any way to tag or contact any of those users?

1 Like

I used a voice changer and was a woman in some of my calls. I called them many times, so hard to tell if it was me or not! :joy::rofl:

1 Like

Ah, it might have been you! Here’s the recording of our call, the part where he speaks about the “lady” is at 11:16. Tell me if that scammer’s voice sounds familiar and if you remember talking to a scammer who called himself “John”.

Edited to add:
I cut out the part where he’s like, “She separated [sic] the numbers and I’m pretty sure she gave you this number.”

1 Like

It may or may not be me. I went back to see if I recorded my call with him, but I am not finding any. It doesn’t look like I downloaded OBS till the 12/31 to record my calls with scammers. To bad he didn’t say a name. I generally use just a few different female names. All depends on how old I want to be! Lol.

1 Like

The fact that he didn’t take it down would suggest our efforts were unsuccessful in getting him to stop. :cry:

1 Like

Yeah, if he didn’t hold up to his promise, that’s unfortunate. Better luck with the next scammer then.
Good luck in the future to you, fellow scambaiter! :slight_smile:

Edit: you, not you too, silly me haha

1 Like