Getting a free US number from Germany?

Hi guys,

I was thinking about scambaiting for a while now. I just read the How to article and that I can get a free number on Google voice or TextNow. I tested this and was blocked from registering. When using a VPN, I was able to register, but I have to confirm with my “real US number” before I can use their service.

Do you have any idea on how to get a number without being in the US?

Thanks in advance.

yiHa

2 Likes

Use textnow
This post must be at least 20 characters lol

1 Like

I always get this error when trying to register with Google or Facebook

An error has occurred

Be careful using Google voice when registering outside of USA, It blocked my Voice profile. TextNow worked for me, but you have to give it a few goes, experiment a bit… I got a free Canada number and all working well. Also depends on the VPN’s

we are running out of phone numbers in the U.S.

As others have said, TextNow works. You may need a VPN.

I recommend eventually setting up your own phone system as that gives you more flexibility for changing numbers.

When using one number, you’ll find soon it’ll be blocked. Unless you have several TextNow accounts, this will eventually become a problem for you.

2 Likes

I had the same problems. I think you might need a US Google account(or Facebook, etc…) for Textnow.

I’m not in the US, but i was able to get a Textnow number with the help of another forum member that created a US Google account for me.
(Thanks heaps to that forum member, I’m really grateful for your help)

I used P.I.A vpn and did it on my vm that’s setup with US time, location, etc…
Had some problems with the “Click here to prove your not a Bot” thing, but after about 20 tries, i was finally able to register and get a number. :smile:

1 Like